Click on the arrow to play the video
In early 2015 Mimtec installed a large format flatbed digital printer which uses inks that have been specially formulated for thermoforming applications. These inks are thermally stable and stretch without cracking or loss of adhesion.
We can print on most plastics including clear materials for backlit applications.
Images printed on a flat sheet move and distort as the material is formed into a 3D shape. As part of our digital printing service we can also undertake forming pre-distortion correction to the artwork. This means we can ensure images such as logos look how they should be if they were printed on a flat surface. We have the latest digital workflow for undertaking artwork pre-distortion.
Benefits of using digital printing:
- Prints photo quality images at 2400 dpi compared to a typical 300 dpi for Screen Printing
- Sheet size up to 2500mm x 1250mm
- Fast workflow for pre-distortion work compared to screen print
- Enables low volume print jobs to be made economically
- Print under-surface or surface including back lit applications
- Print four colours plus two whites
- Will print on most materials up to 50mm thick with excellent adhesion
- Short set-up times
- Less wastage